Role of sensor in color rendering?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Iliah Borg Forum Pro • Posts: 27,450
Re: Sensor Cross-Talk

The Ghost of Caravaggio wrote:

lélé wrote:

But do you think that, for example, the hue shift towards a 'slightly greenish brown' of caucasian skin tones when viewed from an angle and in the shadow is really caused by cross-talking?

My goal was to address your question on the parent post

"I was wondering how the camera sensor, in particular the CFA design, could impact that."

The answer is yes - it is possible Sensor assembly design can affect perceived hue rendering.

Of all the possible causes for perceived hue rendering shifts in shadows, I doubt sensor assembly design most probable source .

-
"The belief that ‘randomness’ is some kind of real property existing in Nature is a form of the mind projection fallacy which says, in effect, ‘I don’t know the detailed causes – therefore – Nature does not know them."
E.T Jaynes, Probability Theory: The Logic of Science

Dr. Fairchild says on the subject of colour perception, "I can take any wavelength and make it appear almost any color" - 7 mins listen:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/11/10/361219912/if-the-same-shade-looks-both-yellow-and-gray-whats-color

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow