Wireless trigger won't trigger flash

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,714
Re: Wireless trigger won't trigger flash

Keri261 wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a canon 7d and have recently purchased a Godox V1 flash with an X2T wireless remote. I want to fire my flash off camera, but I can't get it to work. I have both set to the same channel and group, but the flash does not even display the lens length. It doesn't fire when I hit the test button on the trigger. I have the V1 set to slave and both are in manual mode at 1/128. What am I doing wrong????

Couple things to check:

• Godox has several versions of the V1 & X2T for each camera manufacturer (Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc). Did you buy the right set?
  • Slave mode (S1/S2) means the off-camera flash is waiting & looking for a pulse of light from some main flash. A wireless trigger won't do anything. Does the off-camera flash fire with the 7D pop-up flash? The manual will say what modes are required for TTL or manual wireless trigger operation.
-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a77 II Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow