IBIS Comparison: XT4 vs EM1MKIII

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlmostDoctor Regular Member • Posts: 486
IBIS Comparison: XT4 vs EM1MKIII

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/fujifilm-vs-olympus/fuji-xt4-vs-omd-em1-iii-ibis/

They talk about the exact point I made in a other thread about low light photography with static subjects.

What was interesting to me here, is that XT4 IBIS doesn't reach 60% success rate until 1/4 second when using IBIS only, and also seems to soften the image in general when relying heavily on IBIS (according to what they said) whereas Oly gets 55% success rate at 2", reaching 85% success rate at 1". This is a significant difference, if you want to introduce motion blur in your scene without a tripod. 1/4 is barely enough for that purpose, but 1"~2" is usable for light trails, flowing water etc.

I can personally get sharp results standing at 4+" pretty easily on my EM5III holding the camera against my chest.

5 seconds @12mm. A boring SOOC pic I took on a Corona lockdown photo walk by a nearby park. I wanted to add sunstars to the boring scene so I stop down a lot. It took me one try to get a sharp result. (though the way I was holding the camera tilted the axis a bit.)

Of course, the utility of this depends largely on your subject/style. It is a huge bonus to me, and I do think that it's a feature many of us forget to capitalize on.

AlmostDoctor's gear list:AlmostDoctor's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow