Best purchase that I have made in a long time

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Joachim Gerstl
OP Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 8,478
Re: Lovely Turntable

Doug MacMillan wrote:

Lovely photography of a gorgeous turntable that's too rich for my blood. What was your turntable prior to this one?

Thank you. Before that it was a Systemdek 2x2 with a Moerch tonearm. A poor mans Linn from Scotland. The best I could afford back in 1998. I thought it would be my last turntable as vinyl was practically dead back then. That has changed now.

I'm spinning three vintage turntables now: Technics SL-1500 MKII, Technics SP-15 and Technics SP-25. They are configured for stereo, mono LP and 45 and 78 in that order.

The new 1200G was on my shortlist. I love how fast those direct drives start up. The Feickert even though its a belt drive start up in about 2 seconds and it stops quickly too.. Two motors and room for a second tonearm in case I got the itch to play around with different cartridges.

I bought my first record in 1956 when I was five. I still have it. I bought my latest record two weeks ago. Between 1956 and now, I've amassed >10,000 LPs, 45s and 78s.

Wow! That is substantial. You got your own record shop. I envy you. I can't wait to get to Tokyo again. They still got great record stores like this one:

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow