Canon EOS RP? Or Wait for R5?

Started May 28, 2020 | Discussions thread
diness Veteran Member • Posts: 3,745
Re: Canon EOS RP? Or Wait for R5?

Dexter Jackson wrote:

diness wrote:

Dexter Jackson wrote:

parambyte wrote:

Hello. I have been shooting video with a 5D Mark 1 all these years and it generally suited my work (for more pro work I would rent an Alexa). Now with its board gone, I am looking for a new camera to buy.

Since Mirrorless is the way, I was considering the EOS RP (The sound monitoring head phone jack is very important and it would be wonderful to get slightly higher FPS than 25).

However, with the EOS R5 on the horizon, should I wait? (Considering my cameras typically last a very long time. might as well but the most current and feature full)?

What are people's experiences with the RF mount? I have some normal Canon EF Mount lenses.

Why not just get a proper video camera?

What makes the R5 not a proper video camera?

Look at the video specs of the R5 against something like a C300 and its pretty clear right away. Im not talking about basic specs like resolution sizes and FPS, I'm talking about features you find on every video camera missing from a camera like the R5, there are many.

A $7500 dedicated cinema camera?  Most of us can’t afford such things

diness's gear list:diness's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow