New Owner of an A9 from Amazon Warehouse

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
aSevenArr
aSevenArr Senior Member • Posts: 2,240
Re: New Owner of an A9 from Amazon Warehouse

Bigbradford wrote:

Makes me want to reconsider purchasing the a7iii I was looking at on Amazon warehouse now.

Don't fall for the megapixels marketing hype.

The A9 is aimed at professionals for a very good reason.

I find 24MP to be a total sweet spot in terms of IQ and workflow. I also crop all my images normally... zero problems even at 24 MP.

Note that even a 4K display can only resolve 8.5 MP max, have you ever thought that a high quality 4K image looked sub standard in any way?

For every practical purpose you'll find that 24 MP is actually far more than you actually need (most of those are being discarded whenever you publish your JPEGs).. people will rant on about making huge prints but I'm pretty sure that most of them never actually do (just call that a hunch ).

But on the other hand an A9 will capture images that other cameras simply cannot and with dazzling speed. It gets the shot! That's huge.

I find that feature to be far more valuable in actual practice than micro-detail that I simply do not need (not to mention not having to deal with huge RAW files).

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow