D800 fine focus adjust 🤔

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356
Re: D800 fine focus adjust 🤔

Giovanni_1968 wrote:

Got the D800 back from repair, first time I took it back because focus was nowhere near to acceptable, second time much better but still not spot on but before I take it back again I'd like to hear your opinion.

Today not in the mood to get the tripod, set the ruler bla bla bla so I used a homemade system, a pillow to lay on and the ruler at an arbitrary angle laying on the laptop's screen, took a series of shots from +20 to -20 at steps of 10 from positive to negative through zero, please tell me your thoughts.

Grazie

Your target should be parralel to the camera. The ruler at 45 degrees. That is the only way you can reliably check your camera. Just the ruler at whatever degree you set it is not going to cut it. In the picture below target is parralel, ruler is at 45.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow