Retirement gift

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Foiles
Peter Foiles Senior Member • Posts: 1,882
Retirement gift

I am retiring in a few weeks and am considering giving myself a present in the form of a second m43 body. My primary system is Sony FF with two bodies and several lenses but I have recently been building an m43 system for when I want something more compact and light weight. My current m43 system is:

EM5m3

Oly 12/2

Pan 20/1.7 ii

Oly 45/1.8

Oly 60/2.8 macro

Oly 75/1.8

Oly 12-100/4

I don’t necessarily need a second body but there are a couple of jobs it could do, one is be a semi permanent home for the 12-100 for a one camera/lens option. Its OK with the EM5 but I am sure something a bit bigger would be a better platform. Options for this would be the G9, EM1m2 or even the m3 but I am not sure it is worth the price bump.

The other job is when shooting primes it can be useful to have two bodies with a different lens on each. For this maybe the Pen-F could be useful to keep everything compact. I can get a new Pen-F for $810.

It would probably be easier to switch between the EM5 and EM1,maybe less so for the Pen-F and perhaps the biggest different if I went with the G9. The G9 is arguably the best bang for the buck at the moment but it looses the dual IS with the 12-100.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Peter Foiles's gear list:Peter Foiles's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +13 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow