New Owner of an A9 from Amazon Warehouse

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
aSevenArr
aSevenArr Senior Member • Posts: 2,238
Re: New Owner of an A9 from Amazon Warehouse

spacejemz wrote:

This item was listed under Amazon warehouse with a description of 'Used - Very Good'.

It took Amazon over 3 weeks to deliver it..I ordered April 15 and it had expected delivery date of May 7. Since it was $1000 off the new price, I decided it was worth the wait. May 7 comes along and still hasn't shipped so I am chatting with the Amazon to see is going on. They said there was a delay and it would in a few days so they gave me a $20 credit (originally it was $15 but I talked them into increasing it a bit since it was an expensive camera that was ordered 3 weeks ago)...

I finally get it yesterday and I immediately noticed the difference over my A6400...When I checked the shutter count after taking a single pic, it was at '2'. The camera is pretty much like new. I completely lucked out on this one...

I am glad I waited..

Here are a few pics of some planes heading to DFW airport...

Congrats on owning what is quite possibly the best camera in the world! (second only to the A9ii ..... perhaps).

Nice shots but your A9 is not even flexing it's muscles yet with slow lumbering commercial jets.

I have shot swallows catching bugs on the wing with mine (I could barely keep those lightning fast birds in the frame for more that a second or two)... it's an incredible beast of a camera!

20 fps, totally silent, blackout and distortion free ... what's not to like?

aSevenArr's gear list:aSevenArr's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R Sony a9 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow