Exposure with em1.2

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thin_Ice Regular Member • Posts: 331
Exposure with em1.2

Hello,

i noticed that my new em1.2 default setup changes ISO in stead of shutter speed. With my previous cameras (e420 and em5) i used to shoot in Aperture mode, playing with aperture and shutter speed to get the correct exposure. I changed ISO only when needed, keeping it as low as possible.

The EM1 seems to keep the shutter speed high enough ( rougly 2x focal length) and gives priority in changing ISO.

i know you can change the buttons functions. What gives the best results? Giving it a chance and change my habits ( accept higher ISO with new sensor and get a faster shutter speed for same aperture) or change the presets in a way the camera behaves like the older ones?

thx

Steven

The Em1.2 Is my fourth oly! As you can In my camera history below, i am on a slow upgrade path. I hope this one is rock solid for the next 10 years!

I used my fathers Nikormat Fm From 1980-1996 (Crashed 8m while climbing, but stil functioning)

Oly mju zoom 105 from 1996 - 2006 (became to warm in africa, light intrudes, film blocked)

a couple of canon digital compacts ( kids left it outside for two weeks... LCD malfunction)

E420 from 2009 - today (is stil in good shape)

Em5 from 2013 - today (shutter does not like cold, freezes, cracks at hinges of display)

Em1.2 from yesterday ( New! But i got a good deal

Thin_Ice's gear list:Thin_Ice's gear list
Olympus E-420 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Olympus E-420 (EVOLT E-420) Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow