18-200 LE or 18-135? for my a6500

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
paul wassermann Senior Member • Posts: 1,676
Re: 18-200 LE or 18-135? for my a6500

Euell wrote:

Seriously, if you are thinking about the 18-200, wouldn't you be better off with a single-lens zoom camera? Why are you even looking at the A6xxx or another interchangeable lens series? If you want convenience buy it. If you are looking for a high zoom range, there are loads of single-lens cameras out there that will do a nice job for that with both wider and longer zooms. And, many of them, such as the RX100 series really take nice pictures. And, so-called superzoom cameras have a range way beyond 18-200. You should be looking there before you buy an expensive lens like one of the Sony 18-200's, which will probably not provide any better photos than some of the fixed-lens alternatives.

Good advice if you never want to try some more exotic lenses like the Sigma 16mm 1.4, Laowa 65mm macro,   I went through two versions of the RX10 but ultimately just enjoy the flexible system approach.  A used first version is around $400 a true bargain.

paul wassermann's gear list:paul wassermann's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony a6600 Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ml6
ml6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow