Adding a Z50 as a 2nd camera to my Z6.... opinions please?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BurnImage
BurnImage Contributing Member • Posts: 640
Adding a Z50 as a 2nd camera to my Z6.... opinions please?

1. My primary camera is a Z6 and I love it. I have the 14-30mm and 24-70mm f4 plus the 50mm 1.8S Z mounts.

2. I do predominately street and travel photography plus some portraits.

3. My backup and stealthier camera is the original Fujifilm X100.

4. I have limited funds to spend on camera gear but I was about to add an 85mm 1.8S to my kit as a portrait/short tele lens.

5. But this week my X100 has finally died, leaving me with no second/more compact camera.

So, for about £200 more than the 85mm 1.8S I could get the Z50 with the kit 16-50mm, which is the maximum budget I have for camera gear at the moment.

My thinking is it gets me back to having 2 cameras, one of which is stealthier and smaller for street. But by making this purchase I no longer have funds for the 85mm. However, the 50mm I already have might do a similar job mounted on the Z50 giving me a 75mm 1.8 effectively.

Plus of course all my lenses will work natively across both cameras.

What would you do in my situation?

Anything I’m missing here, or alternative strategies to consider?

-- hide signature --
 BurnImage's gear list:BurnImage's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow