How many stops of stabilization do you get with the 24-105 f/4 in practice?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP tcdc12321 Regular Member • Posts: 151
Re: How many stops of stabilization do you get with the 24-105 f/4 in practice?

jan pawlak wrote:

tcdc12321 wrote:

I am wondering how many stops of stabilization that users of the 24-105 f/4 get in real world shooting scenarios?

I've been researching this lens, but haven't been able to find out much about how well the the OSS of this lens performs in conjunction with IBIS for cameras like the A7R II or A7R III. As far as I can tell, there is no CIPA rating for the OSS in this lens, although I've found that real world experiences often differ considerably from CIPA ratings.

I'm curious what experiences you have all had!

For A7R 2/3/4 the sharpness of photos depends on the stabilization but also on the accuracy of AF and the predisposition of the photographer.

It's best if you check yourself with your camera and lens.
Take a dozen photos at different times and check on a computer monitor at 100% magnification what is the ratio of photos you consider sharp

My experience with A7R2 and A7R3 caused that I programmed C2 as instantaneous AF-C and serial photos and I use this function (to get several pictures to choose from) when I care about the maximum focus shot

I appreciate the advice. You are right that all of those things contribute towards the sharpness of photos.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow