So I’ve ordered my first fuji - excited, and hopeful I made a good choice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Regular Member • Posts: 414
So I’ve ordered my first fuji - excited, and hopeful I made a good choice

I’ve been considering an XT30 for a while. I didn’t like the XT3 in the store.

My Canon rebel DSLR frustrates me due to, lack of direct controls, no AFMA, movement of AF points is tedious especially for family trying to get head/eye in focus. Also i would like 4K video. I still enjoy it for BiF with my 400mm lens, but for everything else i rarely use it. I also have a g5x II compact - this frustrates me due to no VF and primarily, the really soft wide angle performance due to the stretching correction.

I don’t want a FF camera, as the lenses become huge. In fact, I’m so impressed by the compact size and quality of the Fuji 18–55 kit lens, and speed, compared to the Canon. Canon kit lenses I don’t believe are good quality, I don’t feel they take APS-C seriously anymore. The m6 ii without built in VF was ruled out - i wanted an m5ii!

So I’ve decided a 2 body solution - compact Fuji for travel/hike/family/walking, and for now, a DSLR for wildlife/BiF. So I’ve ordered an XT30 in charcoal with the 18-55. Also, i can sell my un-used canon compact and a few lenses to make back 80% of the cost.

I’m just praying, as I can’t go to the store and only held it once, its not too small! But I’m really excited! In VF histogram, direct controls, 4K video, eye AF. The VF histogram will be really nice for hiking/quick holiday snaps to check exposure live.

Anyway sorry - this is my excited anticipating post, hoping It works out! I travelled to India last year with my DSLR and a few lenses, and I can imagine how much easier it would have been with a little Fuji and some primes.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Canon EOS M6 Canon PowerShot G5 X Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow