IBIS test on Sony A6500 and Tamron 70-180/2.8

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin_99 Contributing Member • Posts: 992
Re: voronspb

voronspb wrote:

snapa wrote:

That is the problem with your testing procedure, all hands are not identical in the shake they have. Even the same hands vary in the way they shake on every shot. That is a huge variable in any hand held test. Doing a hand held test for stabalization will never give you the same results more than one time.

The more shots you take at each setting, the better they converge.

Besides, it's like an argument about which photos shall be in the lens review: real life or test targets in controlled conditions. Or may be just MTF charts? While the latter are interesting, many people are also interested in lens behavior in hands of living photographer.

Thank you Vladimir for you work. I agree, that test have its value - the comparison at the same condition (in the same hands and using the same method) roughly show the stabilisation effectiveness.

I tried the OSS in 18-135 some time ago in similar way, just standing. I noticed, that even the test show very nice numbers (low SS), it's highly dependable on my concentration on steadiness. During test was much higher then on usual trip shooting. So in reality, shutter speed needs to be significantly higher than numbers in graph suggest ( at least for me :-)).

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow