Horrendous experience selling gear to Adorama

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Nancy Miller
Nancy Miller Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: Horrendous experience selling gear to Adorama

adelmar125 wrote:

I just wanted to share with all of you my horrible experience selling a Nikon lens to Adorama.

I'm honestly convinced Adorama is a company run by crooks. I have sold them a Nikon 105mm f.1.4. The process started AT THE BEGINNING OF MARCH. After two weeks I have received an offer by their Trade department and I have accepted it. They were supposed to mail me a check on March 16. After two weeks I didn't receive anything and I had to email their customer support every few days as I was not receiving any follow up. I was told to wait for the check that probably there was a delay with the mail delivery because of the pandemic. After two weeks still nothing. Around mid April (after one month) I had to email them again and I was told that they made a mistake with my address and they were going to resend another check. I even offered them to send me the money as a credit on my credit card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Venmo, etc. but nothing. What really bothered me is that I had to suggest them solutions to the problem, they didn't even bother to solve the issue.. Their customer service is pretty much useless.

After an email exchange of 25 EMAILS as of May 1st I'm still waiting for my almost a thousand dollar check. Two months after I have mailed them the lens. Way to go Adorama!!! This is the last time I will deal with them. When you want to trade your gear do yourself a favor and look elsewhere at reputable companies like KEH or MPB, I should have done that since the beginning.

As of today May 12th I'm still waiting for a check in the mail. Their Customer Service Ambassador Nancy Miller told me the check was mailed on April 30th. All their customer service has been telling me since March is that check take 10 days to be delivered by mail. Still waiting after two months!

I'm really sorry for what happened to your trade. It was not our intention to cause any delay in getting you that check. We had sent out the checks via USPS and didn't anticipate that there would be problems in you getting them.

At this time, the Trade team has confirmed that they sent you a check via UPS instead and it should already have been delivered.

At this point I can only apologize most sincerely for our failure to serve you as well as you should have been able to expect.

-- hide signature --

Nancy Miller

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow