Canon R6 Strategy

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
4thnebula Senior Member • Posts: 2,359
Canon R6 Strategy

When I first saw the specs for the coming R6 I was surprised at the 20MP (expected more).  With the new Canon Beta Webcam I can see now what appears to me to be Canon's strategy.

Canon, with the R6 are likely going for a major middle VLOGGING market for those of us that are doing online teaching and conferencing.  I have an EOS R and was surprised at the lower 20MP since have gotten used to 24MP being entry and the higher 31 MP of the EOS R.  I am currently setting up YouTubes and Online teaching and can see the need for a lower priced but clean HDMI output that can connect with Zoom etc.  Canon appears to be focusing the R6 on that type of work and I likely may get one if the price and my projection are "OnLine".

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow