For the weary pro (pocket)

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
OP RLight Senior Member • Posts: 2,946
Re: For the weary pro (pocket)

Rohith Thumati wrote:

Great review, and excellent pictures (and illustrations of the capabilities and limitations of the G5 X II). I’ve appreciated the regular updates on your experience with it as well.

One aspect I haven’t seen covered (if I’ve missed it, sorry) - how effective do you find the image stabilization?

Quite effective. I haven't mentioned it because it's an assumption (that is works and is commensurate with other cameras/systems - it is btw).

I haven't tested how far it goes down to, I can if you're curious... I have very shaky hands so IS or a faster shutter is in fact required for caffeine guzzlers like myself

IS is just making sure my shots come out crispy (for me) or making sure I don't blow my ISO out of the water at times when I want to maintain a longer focal but dial down the shutter to something more reasonable. Other folks like to use it as a quasi tripod, I don't. I've found point and shoots IS systems aren't good enough for that sort of thing, but I can try. I'm not the best candidate to test that though due to my coffee habit truth told if that's what you're after but can report back with best shutter that's in focus.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS R Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow