macbook pro 16inches. Fan issue with Lightroom Classic

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
MOD Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 6,432
Re: macbook pro 16inches. Fan issue with Lightroom Classic

Chester McCheeserton wrote:

interesting...smart previews likely not for me but I am much much more aware of what they are now...

one last question, and apologies to the OP for hijacking this thread....

As my machine is chugging through building all these 1 to 1 previews, (my preview file was around 30 gigs, it's now 150 and only half done)

Do I need to check the box to "never" under "automatically discard 1 to 1 previews" in order to maintain the advantage of building all these previews?? (I had always left it one 'discard after 30 days' before...

Not sure, if you are not editing or looking at your old images all the time, I think is not advisable to keep them, but if disk space is enough, I'll leave them. In my case, and since my JPEGs reside alongside the RAWs, they serve as my previews, so I also have the discard after 30 days option turned on.

I hope it helps you.

BTW, I don't think is completely irrelevant to the OP, as I presume he might be having a similar issue, and if we find a solution to your problem, it might serve him as well.

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow