50's

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ivan983
Ivan983 Forum Member • Posts: 76
50's

Wondering how would you sort this from best and so on. Want to get a 50mm for my GX85 and have a slight dilemma.

Mostly looking into vintage budget primes.(i am ok with manual for stills). Will be using it mostly for street, travel everyday shooting i guess. Aware that 35mm would be better for that but as for now, determined to get my first prime 50mm.

Nikkor-S Auto 1.4/50

MC Rokkor PF 1.4/50

S-M-C Takumar 1.4/50

Pentax M 1.7/50

Olympus OM 1.8/50

Pentacon 50mm f1.8

Canon FD 50mm f/1.8

Minolta MD 50mm f/1.7

Yashica ML 50mm f/2.0

Personally, leaning towards Oly 50/1.8 because of that solid built and smooth focus after bearing is taken out. Also heard bunch of good about that one. aaand also have it for $25 mint.

I love the idea of attaching old, vintage looking, metal lenses onto a "modern" digital.

Unfortunately, Helios 44 or even better 77 is not on the list because it does not match the budget but it will be eventually down the road.

Please let me know which ones do you prefer and why and feel free to attach sample photos. Thanks everyone !

Ivan983's gear list:Ivan983's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow