Do you think APSC would survive without Fuji ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TRIODEROB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,205
Do you think APSC would survive without Fuji ?

I had the following thought :

"If not a Fuji camera and lens system what other brand would I consider buying ? "

literally the only one I came up with was a Nikon D500 which is an absolutely classic sport and bird in flight camera. The problem there is that Nikon is so much stronger with its full frame glass vs its cropped glass so you end up using the big honking FF lens which weight a ton.

on the Sony side of things their ASPC offerings don't appeal to me at all as a full featured system even tho I understand it has strong focus tracking

in addition the Sony apsc has many gaps in its lens lineup

to make matters worse there is an ever expanding world of FF cameras out there now and on the smaller side a wonderful mature micro 4/3 standard which has camera such as the Panny G9 which has amazing ibis with world class video and stacked high rex in camera 60 mp raw files

makes me think that without FUJI's strong system of cool hipster cameras and world class high quality primes APSC would become sort of the "red headed step child"

I could even see it fading into the night ............................................................

Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow