GFX 50R over A7RIV. Decission

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matpan Regular Member • Posts: 453
GFX 50R over A7RIV. Decission

So,

The department for camera acquisitions has finally approved my budget for the purchase of a new camera. Ok... my wife is finally cool with me spending a bunch of money on one... I just wanted to sound more professional. I still want to save up a bit more and reckon by the end of the year maybe before, I will be able to get to about 5K. The two cameras I have in sight are The Fujifilm 50R and the A7RIV.

MY main use for a camera will be travel, landscape and of course, family (I have two daughters).

I LOVE Fuji, had an XT2 with a couple of those nice fuji Primes and enjoyed it very much. Sold everything (was moving, to another country, needed to buy a LOT of stuff and had to let go of a lot of stuff) But now I am at a poiunt were I can consider a camera system again and the FUJI GFX is a very tempting option the 50R is quite affordable. and since I was never one for zooms I could be totally comfortable with the already existing prime selection Fuji has in place, beginning with the 63 and slowly buying as time passes. I like the color rendition of FUJI so that is also a plus.

On the other hand, the A7RIV, similarly priced. Lens selection is quite larger and I could indulge and get a 24-105 for the sake of having an all purpose travel lens along a collection of primes. I know when it comes down to AF, and Burst rates, along with video Sony is hands down better. It is a FF camera though, so sorry for bringing this up in a MF forum, but I thought there might be a good amount of people here with enough hands on experience with both cameras / systems to give a fair appraisal of their own, warn me of any shortcomings of either, etc.

Thank you very much in advance.

Matias.

Matpan's gear list:Matpan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow