Canon 700D with Pixel TW-283 - 10 second delay for bulb shooting

Started May 24, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChrisProbert New Member • Posts: 3
Canon 700D with Pixel TW-283 - 10 second delay for bulb shooting

Hi all,

New here. Hello!

I have a Canon 700D and recently purchased a Pixel TW-283 for a couple of reasons, I would like to try time-lapse, and also for a remote trigger for bulb shooting.

My problem is that to use a remote on the 700D one has to select the 10sec/remote option from the drive menu. And when I use any of the shooting functions on the TW-283 it always has a 10 second delay whilst the camera loudly beeps before the exposure commences.

This is a bit annoying, I would like to be able to shoot instantly, plus I would prefer to not have the loud beeps - especially doing backyard amateur astrophotography. I have been searching for an answer online with no luck, and the manual is no help. Seems to be a specific issue to these cameras.

I did find one person asking the same question but seemingly about the official canon remote, and the answer was "there is a switch on the back of the remote to control this"

(https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-Rebel/T5i-remote-control-adjust-timer/td-p/184269#)

- so if it is the remote that is the only way to switch of the delay, am I stuck with it?

Hoping someone out there has already figured this one out

Many thanks

Chris

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow