Changing almost full ink cartridges Canon PRO-1000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 6,822
Re: Update

ProDude wrote:

mujana wrote:

I just received a message that my new Pro-1000 (delivery Monday), is absolutely factory new; "exactly like you would buy new in store". Nothing refurbished....but brand new!

Great news ofcourse, and perfect customer service from Canon!

Ofcourse there are a new questions right away....is the set up of my new PRO-1000 any different from the first setup/install? I mean, can I leave all software/divers/etc. on my iMac? Should I maybe delete it and start all "fresh" ?

Is the installing of the new printer different in any way??

I will have to think (hard) how I did all this 4 months ago. Step by step.

Assuming you've updated your software you should be good to go. If I was getting a brand new one as you say. I'd load the print head and inks and run a confirmation of print alignment and such. All your software would be done already and no need to do any reloading.

Do you think the new printer will automatically recognise the (on iMac)  installed sofware (after connecting with usb cable ofcourse)?

I would make sure the firmware on the new machine was up to date however. After that you're good to go.

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow