ETTR Poll

Started 5 months ago | Polls thread
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 254
Re: ETTR Poll

That's quite a weird choice of answers. Definitely reflected by the fact that almost half of the people used the "some combination" answer.

I guess a lot of people simply expose for their subject, that should be on of the options on your poll.

Personally, I use ETTR very rarely. If I photograph a lanscape or cityscape, I usually use spot metering to check exposure in highlights and shadows and try to find a good compromise in manual mode.

I definitely wouldn't use ETTR for portraits, eapecially backlit. I find that is I have to lift the skin a lot in PP it just doesn't look right. So I would mostly expose for good skin tones and accept if some highlight details in the sky are lost.

I frankly don't like the concept too much. It was probably more relevant when cameras had more limired DR and small sensors.

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow