Alternative for G85/G80 poor AF in video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Krzycho Junior Member • Posts: 39
Alternative for G85/G80 poor AF in video

Hello everyone,

I use my Lumix G85/G80 for almost a year now. I'm really satisfied with stills, nice features and ergonomy.

Unfortunately continuous AF in videos makes me sick and tired. Every time me or my subject is changing distance from the camera, I am going crazy. I moved from a6000 and did not expect that the difference would be such huge.

I tried almost every tip from youtubers etc. Manual focusing in video is not for me. Refocusing and choosing focus points during video makes me distracted and I feel that stabilization is suffering from this.
I think that it just the way it is with G85, contrast detection only and small amount of AF points.

I thought about switching to G9, but I am not sure if it will heal all my issues and if it is worth the money. Maybe moving back to Sony, for example A6500 will be a better idea?

Does anyone struggle with this issue and found a suitable solution? I would be grateful for your support. Thanks and regards.

Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a6000 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow