Small Prime with IS

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
rsn48 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,755
Re: Small Prime with IS

I have the original 35mm f2 and it is quite good, not excellent but for me good enough. It would be nice to have IS but really a 35mm with today's high ISO use will produce great photos as you only need to get the shutter speed up to and faster than 1/100th and the shot will be just fine, unless you have a fast moving subject, and even then IS won't help.

I have taken this lens all over, it was my travel lens on my Rebel XSi, which was my travel gear.  I've given away that Rebel and now I wouldn't consider using my 5D mk 4 for travel, to big and klutzy.

On a cruise, I used it for all my night shots in old San Juan. And cruise shots at night without flash.  It will work for you and because it doesn't have IS you should be able to pick it up on the cheap.

-- hide signature --

According to Manny Faber, there are "termite artists" who shoot in obscurity pursuing an inner vision others can't see (think Vivian Maier). And there are "white elephant artists" who shout out with technique and vision for all to see (think Ansel Adams). Which one you are doesn't matter, both have produced fine art.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow