changing aperture in GR 2 without up-down dial?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
breth Regular Member • Posts: 414
changing aperture in GR 2 without up-down dial?

Hi everyone - it looks to me that the answer to this is no, but I thought I'd ask anyway :

Is it possible to change the aperture setting in Av mode in the GR 2 without using the up-down dial at the front top of the camera? Is it possible though the menu perhaps? I don't see that a function button that can be assigned to this...

I'd like to be able not to use this dial at all, since it is one of the ways in which dust enters the camera. The fact that dust grains can just fall in, and also be pushed in through the revolving of the wheel, makes this dial my personal enemy. I saw the amount of dust under this dial while disassembling my GR R.I.P.

I've put the adapter and a filter on the lens, and I have taped off the mic and the usb port - so dust issues from these entrances are now non-existent. I've been tinkering with ways to put some sort of covering on the up-down dial, but haven't come up with a good idea.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow