Small Prime with IS

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
rsn48 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,755
Re: Small Prime with IS

Why don't you separate out your vacation camera from the rest of your stuff. Purchase something used, I would suggest something in the Fuji line purchased used. Look for a Fuji camera that is one or two generations behind now. There are some smaller cameras Fuji makes that are perfect for the task.

Here is one article discussing Fuji cameras and travel. I bought two years ago the X T1 when the X T3 was introduced. I knew fanboys would get rid of excellent cameras to get the newest and bestest camera. I got the X T1 at a decent price, updated the firmware (which you need to do with this camera) and I had an excellent companion.

I also acquired the X 100f which is the perfect street photography and travel camera. But this camera is pricey. Its the poor man's Leica. But for a man who isn't that poor...lol.

https://notanomadblog.com/best-fujifilm-camera-travel/

The other route you could go is get an older smaller Rebel series camera and use your 17 to whatever lens with it.

I used a Rebel XSi a while ago with just a 35mm prime on it and I took that combo all over wine country in British Columbia.  There are compromises with a prime lens but I really like a small package when travelling and I'll give up convenience with multiple lenses for portability.

For travel I like a 35mm that is fast as I take many night time shots in cities, towns, restaurants and other interesting locations.

-- hide signature --

According to Manny Faber, there are "termite artists" who shoot in obscurity pursuing an inner vision others can't see (think Vivian Maier). And there are "white elephant artists" who shout out with technique and vision for all to see (think Ansel Adams). Which one you are doesn't matter, both have produced fine art.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow