Buying the X-T4 - but which kit lens

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,333
Re: I'm Late to This Thread; When You Buy X-T4 You Get One Chance...

ricktachtig wrote:

I bought just the X-T4 body. I recently purchased the 18-55mm for $280 used. That lens can be found for amazing prices, and I just really like the size of that lens for travel purposes.

Yup.  Given how small/light the 18-55 is, it is a no-brainer for $280.  I don't use mine; but, I realize it is a great lens to attach to my old bodies that I loan out to friends.

I have the Samyang 12mm f2.0 when I want to go really wide and have the 35mm f2.0 for lower light. I'm considering buying the Viltrox 23mm f1.4 or switching from 35mm f2.0 to the 35mm f1.4.

I had an old Samyang/Rokinon with my Canon 5D3. It's great bang for the buck.  May not last as long; but, at that price, who cares?

If you don't miss the slightly faster AF and WR of the 35/2, going to a 35/1.4 is interesting.  I use my 35/1.4 more often than my 35/2 because when I use it over my 23mm primes, I do like shooting at f/1.4 option.  It is not that much bigger than the 35/2 in your camera bag.

If it was up to me, I'd get the Viltrox 23mm over the 35/1.4.  Play with a 23mm prime focal length.  I personally prefer having a 23mm and 56mm prime in my bag; I can get so much done with just those two focal lengths.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-H1 Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +62 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow