I keep my gears clean and dry, but why still have "fungus"

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kwchaing Forum Member • Posts: 79
I keep my gears clean and dry, but why still have "fungus"

Hi all

I have started shooting 4 years ago. Recently, I see a "fungus like" patch inside the rear element of my Tamron Lens. (my place here is still under lock-down status, thus i cannot bring the lens to service center and confirm it is a fungus). The patch is so small that everyone will think it is a dust. But with the 10x magnifying glass, it doesn't look like a topical dust hair

I keep my gears in a dry cabinet since day one with less than 40% PH. (I have a 3rd party PH reader in the cabinet, so the dry cabinet is sure a working one)

After each shooting, I will clean of the sweat from all gears with a wet towel and air dry with a fan, then keep them back to the dry cabinet

Even if I don't use the gears, I will take them out to get some sun light at least once every 2 weeks.

After these 4 years of keep my gears clean and dry, The "fungus" still come and knock at my door.

I feel so tired of keeping these gears free of fungus

Regards

kwchaing's gear list:kwchaing's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow