Epson SC-P700, Lightroom, the common "prints are too dark" problem

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
webline Junior Member • Posts: 32
Epson SC-P700, Lightroom, the common "prints are too dark" problem

Hi,

just got my new Epson P700 some days ago and now I'm running into a problem that has been there for years: the prints seem to be darker then what I see when I soft proof the image in LR.

I recalibrated my monitor running with 115cd using a X-Rite device. I did a ICC profile for a baryt paper with a SpyderPrint and I tried a factory ICC profile with Epson Premium Semi-Gloss paper. I added the Adobe Generic ICC profile to the Epson paper profiles just in case that the color management of the printer jumps in (as suggested by a datacolor video).

The result for both paper types I tested is very close - colours are OK, but they are somehow to dark and miss a very small amount of contrast.

If I use the Epson Print Layout software with the ICC profiles - the print looks exactly like the softproof in LR. That's what I would like to get out of the print module in LR too. But I can't get it to work. I didn't use the printer adjustment sliders for brightness or contrast in LR since this seems to ignore everything I did to get defined color workflow.

Any idea where to look for a adjustment or fix to solve this? I read so many posts about too dark images and they all start with "calibrate your monitor"... - that's not my problem. It is related to the Adobe software and the way they use the profiles I think.

Thanks for your help,

Detlef

P.S.: by the way - the Epson is a nice printer. Much faster then my old 3800, smaller footprint. It has a very "plastic" touch - easy to break parts I think. Two ink cartridges (light grey, grey) were close to empty when I received the printer.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow