P900/950 or B700 owners please help!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Senior Member • Posts: 6,522
Re: P900/950 or B700 owners please help!

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

Sam808 wrote:

Wow! I think Nikon has excelled at digital zoom algorithms.

P1000 @ 12000mm. It's beyond imagination!

B700 @ 1440mm looks a little soft! Looks like the P950 lens is sharper.

If the P950s price drops below 1K I'll get one for sure.

I just did a quick test with the P900 at full zoom and digital zooms (both 2x dynamic and 4x):

at full optical zoom- f/7.1 resulted in the best image, at 2x f/7.1 was again the clear winner, but at 4x for some odd reason it came in last, with f/8 first and f/6.5 a close second......

Thanks for sharing your findings!

Cheers!

I'm redoing the 4x finding, since it seems to go against the others.  The others were done at 1/200 sec shutter speed, I'm doing the 4x comparison at 1/500 sec because of the more extreme zoom.

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow