New APS-C Flagship. What do you think?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 253
New APS-C Flagship. What do you think?

So... We all watched the video from Pentax. I'm curious what other Pentaxians think about the upcoming flagship.

My thoughts:

1. Better OVF. Nice, that's definitely a welcome feature. We know it's probably not going to be a "hybrid" evf/ovf but perhaps a very large OVF and some heads-up display of focus position like in the K1. I'm okay with that, it would be a solid improvement.

2. AF joystick. Also nice. I'm actually ok with AF speed and accuracy on my Pentax cameras but I never liked focus point selection with buttons, it's often too slow.

3. Better AF - we'll see how much better. They always say it's gonna be better but somehow it's still behind competition.

4. Anyway, if these are the only new features it will be hard to justify an upgrade from the KP, especially that it's not going to be cheap.. Perhaps it would be enough for K3 owners but not really for KP or K1 owners.

5. They didn't mention video capability. That's bad. I'm not buying one if they don't improve video specs and offer focus peaking during capture.

What do you think? What are your expectations for the new camera?

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +5 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
tex
K0d
tex
tex
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow