Easy-to-use APS-C travel and family camera at ~$500 to $1000 (Fuji X-A7?)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP brownf New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Easy-to-use APS-C travel and family camera at ~$500 to $1000 (Fuji X-A7?)

Advent1sam wrote:

x-t200 is my current favourite camera, its not super sophisticated, but the image quality is top notch. I compared it against my x-t3 and have now dumped the x-t3, the x-t200 is better;

image quality, incl detail, noise

eye/face detection, nearly as good as my a6600, also now sold, much better than a7r3

great evf and lcd, very sharp

its Achilles heal is the raw buffer for sport is only 18frames, in jpg its much more

4k video is limited to 15mins but no crop and minimal distortion

any questions let me know I have or have had most Fuji lens

Thank you so much for this insight; this is greatly appreciated. That's definitely an interesting switch.

I'm very glad to hear about your positive experiences, especially on autofocusing and its UI.

Did you have any regrets losing the weather sealing on the X-T3? As I double-check if there are any benefits of moving up the Fuji line, only weather sealing is making me question the X-T200 (however vague the actual weather sealing is). Though, the X-T3 isn't cheap and, yes, you lose the bigger screen & simpler UI.

Ah, true: perhaps we're lucky here that we don't have a big need for fast continuous speeds; I think he could get by with just 3 fps.

The two lenses (the 14-45 / 50-230mm linked in the first post) seem like the best ones in our budget. I'm considering a faster prime (B&H has some nice F/2 24mm equivalent X-mount lenses for....what seems too good a price, ~$300, which I'm also looking at down the line).

The 4K video is absolutely stunning; I downloaded a the full-quality file from a review and the quality is obscene. I think every other manufacturer has completely dropped the ball by not mandating uncropped 4K across the entire APS-C lineup, as Fuji as done.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow