Started Apr 14, 2019 | Discussions thread
shadowlands
shadowlands Senior Member • Posts: 1,062
Re: Yup.

MHshooter wrote:

shadowlands wrote:

Ernie Misner wrote:

shadowlands wrote:

My former Z6 developed oil spots, bad. Worse than my former D600.

I wonder where the oil comes from with no flopping mirror in the Z's. Perhaps from the IBIS setup?

I did several wet cleanings. Did another small shoot, and boom, oil was back. Dust also, but the dust would blow away. Not the oil, of course. I returned it. I went with a Sony A7iii and only occasional dust corrected with a rocket blower.

Honestly wish I knew. Shutter? Ibis? I was honestly upset. I loved my Z6 but didn't want to deal with this again.

The only moving part that would need lubrication is the shutter plus maybe a bit for the lens locking mechanism.

What I'd do is maybe turn on the electronic shutter after cleaning the sensor and use it for a week to see if the problem returns.

Dang, I didn't even consider/think about that. It was so odd. It didn't do this in the beginning. But weeks into it, it started. I was within my return window, so I returned it and let them know why. I was mad because this was my D600 as well, even after Nikon corrected the D600.

-- hide signature --

Sony A7 III
Sony Vario-Tessar FE 24-70mm F4 Zeiss OSS
Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
Godox TT350s

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow