After some advice regarding rules

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
The Lamentable Lens Regular Member • Posts: 423
Re: After some advice regarding rules

tasad wrote:

The Lamentable Lens wrote:

It is, quite literally, "a picture of a knife and cabbage."

... or a table runner and a marble coffee table... or a Stefano Ricci's gold plated tie and a Ben&Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream... or a dirty 'in-cabin' filter and an engine oil leakage ... or ...

Well, no, in actual fact, it's not any of those things. But how wonderful that it can be interpreted to look like those things! The Stefano Ricci / Ben & Jerry example gave me a laugh -- nice one.

And it's an interesting one at that...

Yeah... it's an interesting example of using professional , full frame camera and and very sharp macro lens - to take the blurry picture ( without a single sharp pixel )...

Well, fortunately for the OP, "tasad must like it" was not one of the entrance criteria

As much as I enjoy a good debate, I don't really want to go back and forth on this one. I learned long ago that comments on the internet do more to entrench opinions than to change anyone's mind. The picture plainly satisfies the entrance criteria as written, and, in any event, the picture appears to have been accepted into the challenge.

As an aside, I'm not all that interested in the equipment used to take a contest photo. That's the kind of strange obsession that seems to exist only in places like a dpreview forum. For what it's worth, my eyes could immediately spot the focal point in the picture.  But again, that's irrelevant.  Whether you or I like it will affect our vote, but it has absolutely nothing to do with whether the picture satisfies the entrance criteria.

Hope you have a great day, tasad.  Thanks to you, I'm now going out to buy some Ben & Jerry's ice cream...

The Lamentable Lens's gear list:The Lamentable Lens's gear list
Ricoh GR III Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow