Fujifilm X-T3 Screenprotector for the X-T4

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
hlc0512 Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: Fujifilm X-T3 Screenprotector for the X-T4

darrylyoung wrote:

Has anyone checked to see if a glass screen protector will even fit on the X-T4 when the screen is flipped and stored facing the camera body? I've asked in a few places and while I haven't heard from anyone who's actually tried it, a few have told me they've read/heard that it won't work.

I had the Expert Shield glass protector on my X-T3 and I loved it. It was a perfect fit and after a year of use it still looked like new. I've tried asking Expert Shield about the thicker glass version on the X-T4 but, as I've seen with them in the past, they just didn't reply. I have an X-T4 in front of me right now and if I had to guess, I'd say that the thicker glass one won't fit when the screen is flipped. It feels like there is literally no space behind there so I've ordered one of the non-glass Expert Shield protectors. I'll report back.

It's interesting to see how a few of you got screen protectors and they didn't fit. Looking on the Expert Shield website, I saw reviews for the X-Pro3 screen protectors and people said the same thing. It's like for the first few weeks there are rough versions then they get tightened up or something.

I just received my X-T4, popped on the X-T4 glass screen protector from expert shield and it closes fine with the screen side facing in.  I would assume it would work with any other material and/or brands of screen protector as well

hlc0512's gear list:hlc0512's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow