P950 + DF-M1 Red Dot Sight for Birds in Flight

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Caster the Dog Regular Member • Posts: 183
Re: P950 + DF-M1 Red Dot Sight for Birds in Flight

Many thanks for the really kind words CMCM + I totally agree with you re the fact that the P950 and other Coolpix etc find it hard to get anywhere near the quality of a DSLR for BIFs.

Although the P950 does a better job, because of its better viewfinder etc, than the P900 (which I also used) - if I'm going out for serious BIF work I'd certainly take my DSLR.

However, BIFs tend to be only a small part of my shots and I find it better to have the reach of the P950 for most subjects and also use it for those few BIF opportunities ie the Barn Owl shown below which was taken last week with my P950 without the Sight!

Often you probably only get one chance, maybe two, to capture a sudden bird + with the Sight I might get more chance of getting better results!  Plus, using a P950 rather than a DSLR means I'm carrying less weight/size + shouldn't be short of reach for those distant subjects so can capture more!

Hope you enjoy the P950 when you get it + maybe you might even invest in a Sight!

Barn Owl 100yds away

Caster the Dog's gear list:Caster the Dog's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D7200 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow