***Mini challenge 486*** In the greenery - Notable images

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mina J
Mina J Veteran Member • Posts: 4,428
Re: Thanks, Ed Form. I’m thinking...

Papa48 wrote:

edform wrote:

Hi Papa48, thank you for the wonderful images you submitted. I do hope you'll accept your prize and run our next Mini challenge, #587. You can use this boilerplate to compose the rules for your challenge, just alter the text to suit your theme.

In the UK May is the green month; Nature's cleanest and most vibrant time so I've decided to go with green for this challenge's theme. I'm looking for images where a subject is picked out against a green background or frame. Apart from the call for that colour everything else is down to you. I'll be happy with anything from macros to far vista landscapes, from table top still life to gemstones on green velvet.

I've called the theme ***In the greenery*** but on the greenery, through the greenery, behind the greenery and framed by the greenery will all work.

Runs from May 10, 2020 to Midnight GMT May 17, 2020.

Rules:

1. Maximum of 3 Entries and lots of exhibits.

2. Entries compete for the places and the winner gets to host the next challenge...set the theme, acknowledge and review contributions and then pick the winners.

3. The images need not be technically perfect, all they need to do is to meet the theme.

4. Photos must have been taken by you and can be from any make of camera (including cell phones).

5. There are no restrictions on processing or on composite shots - all are acceptable. It's the image that counts, not how it was produced. Post processing and modification can be as light as you like, all the way up to fully abstract or composite images.

6. Please state in the header of your post, or in the comments bar below each image, whether they are "Entry" or "Exhibit". Non-labelled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.

8. It's best to post all images using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post. This makes collating the entries and exhibits much easier.

Grand Prize: The First Place winner becomes the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to begin it. The winner can respond to the challenge setter with a forum post or PM. If that individual doesn't respond in 3 days, or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

Will try for a theme worthy of this great group and hunt for a few samples to post, today.
Howard

Congrats and looking forward to your challenge.

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow