Nikon Z7 or Sony a7R iii?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Fredrik Glckner Veteran Member • Posts: 3,731
Re: Nikon Z7 or Sony a7R iii?

Suteetat wrote:

aniltulsi wrote:

I have heard there are adapters in the market to adapt Sony lenses on Z. Have you considered them? That must be much cheaper option, than buying a new Nikon 100-400 S lens.

Yes, there is a techart adapter for E to Z mount with AF. As I already mentioned in my previous post, it is only ok for stationary object at this time so it is not yet an ideal option.

It is a bit hit and miss if this adapter works or not. Here are my experiences, and I know that other people have other experiences:

Sigma 19mm f/2.8: Works well on Z7

Sigma 30mm f/1.4: Worked in the beginning, with somewhat erratic autofocus. Now, the focus doesn't work at all, but the aperture works. I will look into updating the firmware on the lens. Updating the firmware on the adapter has been impossible, even with the supplied lens cap, sadly.

Samyang 24mm f/2.8: Autofocus works, but the aperture can only be set to between f/7.1 - f/9 (that is what it says on the camera). So it is not that useful, but can be used in a pinch.

Samyang 35mm f/2.8: Works well on Z7

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow