What program can I use to process RAW without demosaicing, with RGGB turned into a single pixel?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
preferredfault Regular Member • Posts: 334
What program can I use to process RAW without demosaicing, with RGGB turned into a single pixel?

What I want to do is have an image 1/4th the size of full resolution, where all the color data of RGGB is translated into a single pixel, without being inferred as a color by demosaicing beforehand. Of course, processing a RAW file normally and downsizing it to 25% is similar to what I want to achieve, but not the same thing. Processing an inferred color (i.e. if something is yellow in part of an image, the demosaicing will turn all 4 pixels some shade of yellow and downsizing it would sample those 4 pixels into some average of that yellow).

But what I want is to turn each RGGB pixel into a single pixel, without inferring what color each pixel may be, so that the RGGB can be turned into full pure color data, at reduced resolution, to keep the full purity of each color channel.

-- hide signature --

"I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you."

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow