After some advice regarding rules

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jocksa
Jocksa Contributing Member • Posts: 506
After some advice regarding rules

Hi,

I've been disqualified from the "Kitchen knife and cooking product/s" challenge twice now. I didn't really understand what "cooking products" were but I now understand it means ingredients. My first shot was just a knife so fair enough I can understand the DQ.

For my second shot, I tried to recreate the texture and lighting of the first shot (not that successfully if I'm honest) but include a red cabbage that I'd been shredding with the knife. I was DQ'd again for not following the rules - no other info. This is the shot:

I've messaged the host to try to get some guidance but haven't heard back. The challenge only has a couple of days left to run and I've been trying to enter every one (except bird based ones).

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong? It's probably obvious but I can't see it.

Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Best advice given to me: "If you want to take better photographs, stand in front of something more interesting."

Jocksa's gear list:Jocksa's gear list
Sony RX100 V Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow