Is the Nikon DF still worth buying?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,852
Re: Is the Nikon DF still worth buying?

stuartjgeddes wrote:

Is the Nikon DF still worth buying in 2020? I shoot with an ex pro 2 and used to use Nikon primarily. I was wanting to get a camera with an old film slr format to go with it for zooms etc.

I was tossing up with an xt2/xt3 (Which im leaning to due to shared gear) but I have always had a soft spot for Nikon (shot with Nikon for years and so did my Dad), and the DF while lower MP is full frame and has an ovf.

Any advice appreciated I know I'm probably better off with another Fuji but I lusted after the DF on release and just thought I'd ask what people think

I love mine and had it for several years and would still buy one in a heartbeat if mine died now. Much rather than most of the cameras on the market now. No other camera have the ergonomics(  among DSLRs) if you like that, the lightweight, and that great sensor at the same time. If you are after a faster camera i would not though. But if you want something that takes great looking pictures and feels unique in this day and age its awesome:)

I don't need anything in the newer mirrorless cameras that makes me want them more, but that is just me and my style of taking pictures so might not suit you at all.

/Martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
qtu
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow