Q2 do-it-all camera?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 2,364
Re: Q2 do-it-all camera?

I have not read the other posts. My approach to all of photography is stay open minded. I don’t care what the name of the camera is so long it meets my needs.

Only reason I got the Q2 is because the gear I sold made the cost of the q2 pretty much the same price as a Fuji X100V

Only had the Q2 4 weeks if that before the pandemic shut down the World.
I will keep my Sony A7iii as I do not see the Q2 as a sole replacement yet. There are focal lengths and things the Sony does for me that no Leica can do. What I mean is how I use the camera.

i think it is worth looking at the other fixed lens cameras with the Q2 like the Fuji X100 where you can add a 28 mm and 50 mm conversion lens

sony has the RX1 and maybe Ricoh GR to compare

I am very happy with my Q2. I like the built in macro and I am not worried about a 7 mp image at 75 mm. I never print over 11x14. It would be rare.

Where it starts to cost more is the battery for the Q2 and if you need a ttl flash.
I think a must have accessory is the really right stuff  grip. The Leica does not give access to the battery and card if I recall so the rrs is more functional for me.
I also can recommend the Rock n roll camera straps it took me to the 2nd try to get the one I liked that was a wider strap. I also like peak design and the Domke gripper. But I thought something special for my first Leica

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow