Did anyone try the Tamron 85mm f/1.8 SP on the RP?

Started Apr 8, 2019 | Discussions thread
Dimebag Darrell Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Did anyone try the Tamron 85mm f/1.8 SP on the RP?

Dimebag Darrell wrote:

Dimebag Darrell wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

Dimebag Darrell wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I’m a new owner of the SP85mm

just a quick question, do you as well disable the lens profile correction in your eos rp body ?
if it’s not disable, you have a dark ring !

other point, in Lightroom, I’ve as well noticed a very big difference on the image post production when you activate the lens profile correction as well

big move of the histogram to the right

I just got one for my R.

You have to turn of peripheral illumination correction, and to bump up the EC with two third of a stop or one stop.

Downsides of course, but i couldn't bring my self to carry the sigma 85mm art in the bag for "just in case i needed a portrait lens" as i really wanted something lighter than the sigma 105mm art.

What do you mean by EC (sorry I have to figure out and translate in french, I’m not native English !)

by the way, when you switch from this SP85mm to another lens do you have to setup back these settings ?

Just find this https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART136513&cat=DSLR&actp=LIST

when they said disable correctionS

it means Peripheral Illumination correction AND Distortion Correction ? (Both) ?

to be honest this is the first time I’m digging in this menu even if, I do not experience any issues with my 24-70 G2 from Tamron with these settings switch ON

What about this ?

Dimebag Darrell's gear list:Dimebag Darrell's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Tamron SP 85mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow