MediaPro refugee looking for a new home for my DAM

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
jf_tea Senior Member • Posts: 1,457
Re: LR6 64bits compatibility, DAM and metadata

ATP52 wrote:

12HT75 wrote:

I am in the same boat as the OP (and many others apparently), unable to update my MacBook Pro to Catalina due to Lightroom not being fully 64bit and unwilling to move to the subscription model.

I have trialled several DAM options and I must say Lightroom is still the best to me but I realise I need to move on at some point so I am still looking.

I tried Neofinder but the lack of hierarchical keywords was a dealbreaker for me.

I tried Digikam and really liked it but I could find no way to stop it creating a duplicate copy of every image in its own directory structure instead of just importing the image info into its database and leaving the images in their existing directory structure like Lightroom can do. Another dealbreaker.

If I am mistaken in the above features, please let me know.

I may have to look at Photo Supreme and XnViewMP when I get time.

(As an aside, I did look at iMatch even though it is Windows only and was quite impressed.)

Regarding Neofinder, the current version of Neofinder is 7.5 but the coming 7.6 version will have hierarchical keywords. Neofinder has just released version 7.6 beta 1.

Can NeoFinder import a LR catalog, with its keywords hierarchy ?

Most probably, only indirectly, through the .XMP of each picture.

-- hide signature --

-JF

jf_tea's gear list:jf_tea's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus E-M1 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow