Buying the X-T4 - but which kit lens

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,551
Re: No question

Alan_Hogg wrote:

Joachim Gerstl wrote:

Hi,

Simply get the 16-55 and report back. The only ones who think that the 16-55 is only a little better than the 18-55 never shot with the 16-55. Everybody who changed to the 16-55 knows how much better this lens is. It's like night and day.

Hi Joachim

This is simply not true. I have read many posts about people questioning the quality of 16-55 photos. I owed one myself for 12 months and eventually gave up on it in favour of the 18-55 which was equally good except at the 55 mm end and even then the difference was marginal in A3+ prints. So I for one would not call getting the 16-55 a no-brainer. Perhaps my 18-55 is extra good and the 16-55 I had was mediocre, who knows?

Alan

Hamilton, New Zealand.

For me there was a notable difference, but is it worth the massive price difference? for me it was but for others maybe not. That being said I thought the 18 55 was the best kit lens (across all the systems I've used), but for me the difference was around 15 to 20% (agricultural I know) plus I wanted the weather sealing, here in South Africa the weather changes on a dime, and I've been caught in the rain with non weather sealed gear, and it didnt always work out ok

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow