Pandemic Warranty Ricoh 😑

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Cadman Regular Member • Posts: 147
Pandemic Warranty Ricoh 😑

Hey guys, I’m so UPSET right now and needed a place to vent.

I purchased my GR III at the end of March last year. I noticed 2 dust spots on my sensor at the beginning of March this year 2020. I called Ricoh and told them about it and they created a ticket with my name regarding my problem.

I had until March 26 to send in my camera under warranty to have it cleaned at no charge. The Pandemic and confusion as well as lock downs hit hard here in NYC a couple weeks later.

I was pretty hesitant to send my camera off into the abyss at this time as I’m pretty sure we can all agree making sense.

Things are starting to open up again and I called them yesterday explaining my hesitancy of sending it in at that time. I wrote them an extensive e-mail as well telling them of this and that I have been a customer of 15 years owning many Ricoh Cameras.

They said I should have sent it in regardless of Corona and that they would not honor my warranty and clean my sensor as I’ve passé my warranty date. They said there was Nothing they could do to accommodate me.

That’s how a customer of 15 years with high profile promotion of there product on IG gets treated.

Do you think I’m over reacting and what would have qualified as a better/legitimate excuse to delay my sending in my beloved GR III then Corona. So Dissapointed 😑

Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow