SONY A5100: IMAGE PROCESSING ISSUES

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
expressivecanvas
expressivecanvas Contributing Member • Posts: 911
Re: SONY A5100: IMAGE PROCESSING ISSUES

John Kalousios-Zeiss fun wrote:

SONY A5100+SONY-ZEISS 24mm (f. 1.8)

HELLO!

I SEE SOMETIMES THAT THE IMAGE CAPTURED BY MY SONY IS LIKE LOWER-PIXEL IN MY COMPUTER (SEE IMAGE), IT'S LIKE 2MP CAPTURED BY OLD SMARTPHONE. I SHOT ALWAYS IN 24MP IN HIGH QUALITY AND THIS ISSUE IS FREQUENT AND STRANGE. I SUPPOSE THAT I HAVE CHANGED THE SETTINGS, BUT I AM NOT SURE. YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS EXACTLY THIS ISSUE?

I HAVE: SONY A5100 + SONY-ZEISS 25mm (f. 1.8)

THANKS!

First off, why are you yelling at everyone here?   You've also sounded defensive in some of your responses.

Next, the main culprit for this mushy image is that you have selected ("you" have selected...  not the camera) the highest ISO setting available.  This also caused the image to be overexposed a bit.  You also may have selected some other creative setting, or not...  who knows?

My advice is to sit down with the camera one evening...  reset it to its default settings... open up the pdf user manual...  and quickly run through the manual while physically checking out each setting on your camera.  After each step and seeing what that setting does, then return it to its original default setting before moving on to the next item in the user manual.  This is a clear cut case of someone not understanding how to effectively use a tool.  The way to resolve the issue is to familiarize yourself with the tool.

If you simply want to set it to 'Auto' and be done with learning, knock yourself out.  Just be warned that it appears as though you somehow find an way to inadvertently change settings away from default Auto so it would be very beneficial and in your best interest to figure out how and why you are doing this to avoid it in the future.

Best of luck with, presumably, your new camera.

Patrick

expressivecanvas's gear list:expressivecanvas's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a6000 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 20-35mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow